Each heading below shows a breakdown of the blog posts that make up that project...
New Engine Rebuild MkII (Current Work)
Alas the first engine build didn't go exactly as planned lasting a mere 5 mile , so out it came and was reworked and rebuilt...
- Hokey Cokey Engine!
- Piston Problems
- The Box of Bits
- Rough Journal Entry!
- Back To The Machine Shop
- Crank Shaft Install - MkII
- Crankshaft Running Clearance
- Crankshaft Endfloat
- Big End Running Clearance
- Crankshaft Install - Third time lucky... I hope!
- Pistons In
- Idler Endfloat
- Transmission Housing - Housed!
- Oil Pump, Cam In, Clutch On!
- Valve Timing Turmoil - To Belt, or not to Belt
- Fuel Pump and Front Bits!!
- Clutch Cover
- Rocking and a Rolling!!
- Timing Bracket
- Finishing Off The Engine
- Manifold Madness
- Engine In - Again!
- Carb Clearance Revisited!
- Prepping For the First Start
- Stupid Thing Won't Start!! - Aargh!!
- Head Transplant Successful - But!!
- Finally Solved the Starting Problem!
Engine Bay Cleanup
You can't go to all the effort of building a nice new shiny engine and put it back in a filthy scruffy engine bay...
- Clutch Cylinders - Overhaul
- Brake Cylinder and Limiter Valve - Demuckification
- Front Subframe Removal
- Tidying Up The Bulkhead
- Front Subframe Tidy
- Brake and Clutch Cylinder Install
- Front Subframe Install
The engine is finally built, but it needs swapping over with the current one...
- Unplugging The Old Engine
- Removing The Old Engine
- Prepping The New Engine For Install
- Installing the New Engine
- Re-Connecting the New Engine
- The First Engine Startup
- New Engine Nightmare!!
New Engine Rebuild
Decided that I need to build an engine, as you do!! It's always been an ambition of mine to do this, so I'm going to give it my best shot...
- Bought Yet Another Engine
- Stripped and Checked New Engine
- Crank Polish and New Bearing Shells
- Clutch and Flywheel Check
- Camshaft in the Pits...
- Clutch Kit Rebuild
- New Camshaft Comparison
- New Camshaft Bearings
- Painting the Block
- Crank Shaft Install
- Putting the Pistons In
- Camshaft and Oil Pump
- Gearbox Refurb
- Setting The Idler End Float
- Putting The Gearbox On
- Transfer Housing and Flywheel
- Front Plate and Timing Decisions
- Setting The Valve Timing
- Camshaft Endfloat and Timing Cover
- Oil Pressure Relief Valve
- Wok's Going On!
- Oil Filter and Water Pump
- Dizzy-In-'ly Simple!!
- Head Check!
- Rebuilding The Rockers
- Head On The Block
- Fuel Pump
- Tappet Covers
- Fitting an Oil Pressure Gauge
- Piston Pressure
Not the easiest of things to overhaul, but if I'm going to the effort of building a new engine, I'm going to need a new gearbox...
- Differential Stripdown
- Gearbox Stripdown - Part 1 - Getting Started
- Gearbox Stripdown - Part 2 - Gears Out
- Gearbox Stripdown - Part 3 - Selectors Out
- Gearbox Stripdown - Part 4 - Mainshaft Strip
- Gearbox Rebuild - Part 1 - Selectors In
- Gearbox Rebuild - Part 2 - Mainshaft Rebuild
- Gearbox Rebuild - Part 3 - Gears In
- Gearbox Rebuild - Part 4 - Finishing Off
- Differential Rebuild
- Idler Bearing Removal
- Installing New Idler Bearings
- Drivetrain Overhaul - Part 1 - Nearside Removal
- Drivetrain Overhaul - Part 2 - Offside Removal
- Drivetrain Overhaul - Part 3 - Swivel Hub Inspection
- Drivetrain Overhaul - Part 4 - Brake Caliper Inspection
- Drivetrain Overhaul - Part 5 - Driveshaft and CV Joint Overhaul
- Drivetrain Overhaul - Part 6 - Swivel Hubs, Bearings and Balljoints
- Drivetrain Overhaul - Part 7 - Final Assembly
Rear Subframe Overhaul
- Rear Subframe Removal - Part 1
- Rear Subframe Removal - Part 2
- Rear Subframe Strip Down - Part 1
- Rear Subframe Strip Down - Part 2 - Wire Brush Time
- Rear Subframe Strip Down - Part 3 (Ish) - Foam Filler!
- Rear Subframe Recon Complete!!
- Rear Subframe Rebuild
- Rear Subframe Installation
Front Subframe Overhaul
Weatherproofing The Car
- Weatherproofing Part 1 - Door Seals
- Weatherproofing Part 2 - (Inside the door) - So near and yet...!!
- Weatherproofing Part 3 - (Inside the door) - A bit closer still!!
- Be Gone, Evil Pointy Bits.
Central Locking and Keyless Entry
<Home> - 'Wayne's Mini Progress'
For updates, stick a 'Like' on Wayne's Mini Progress facebook page.